AGILON® Performance Silica Products
AGILON® performance silica products are more than traditional reinforcing fillers. By precipitating silica and silane together and delivering them as a single, finished compounding solution, PPG has created a breakthrough technology that uniquely combines product and process, enabling industrial rubber and tire makers to enhance rubber performance, simplify their manufacturing processes and promote a healthier environment.
Agilon performance silica products facilitate increased silica-loading in tread- and non-tread compounds, offering tire makers the freedom and flexibility they need to redefine the boundaries of the industry’s “magic triangle” by:
- Reducing rolling resistance to make vehicles more fuel efficient
- Improving traction and handling in wet, snowy or icy conditions
- Extending tread life so that tires last longer
Industrial Rubber Applications
performance silica products also can be used by industrial rubber manufacturers to formulate compounds with better heat build-up resistance, improved tensile strength, higher hot rebound, lower compression set and other performance characteristics.
Environmental and Processing Advantages
By utilizing Agilon performance silica in their manufacturing processes, industrial rubber and tire manufacturers also can reduce process complexity and capital investment and, at the same time, address environmental concerns by:
- Utilizing older mixing technologies to process silica compounds
- Reducing the number of mixing passes, thereby increasing silica mixing throughput
- Reducing energy consumption
- Virtually eliminating mix-related VOC emissions
- Eliminating porosity-related extrusion inefficiencies
- Mixing at high temperatures without increasing viscosity or causing premature vulcanization
- Mixing at lower temperatures to avoid natural rubber degradation
- Enhancing the effectiveness of silane coupling in natural rubber applications
For more information about Agilon performance silica products, or to find the right formulation for your application, please review the chart below:
Agilon is a registered trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc.